Terms, Conditions & Refunds:
The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant Travel or Event page of the Really Haunted website will form the contract between you and us for your event or holiday with us.
In this contract a reference to “you” and “your” include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
We are Really Haunted of 7 Woodgarth, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 4TF.
These terms and conditions are in two parts, section one covers our “Travel agreement” with section two dedicated to our “Event agreement”. The event agreement applies to both events and travel whereas the travel agreement only applies to travel.
|“Meeting Point”||Means the place specified by us in the Tour Pack as the place we will meet and start your holiday.|
|“Start Date”||Means the date on which we meet to start your holiday.|
|“Tour”||Means a holiday organised by Really Haunted|
|“Tour Pack”||Means whatever documents we send to you in hard or soft copy to provide information about your Tour.|
What is in the holiday
- The following items are included:
- Travel from the Meeting Point to your return to the departure point (which is likely to be the same place);
- Meals indicated in the trip itinerary;
- Activities and entrance fees indicated in the trip itinerary;
- Services of one or more leaders (on groups tours);
- The following items are not included
- Return flights to the Tour destination;
- All other costs incurred before you board transport at the Meeting Point and after you return to the departure point;
- Travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you;
- Passport and visa costs;
- Vaccinations and medication, before, during and after the Tour;
- Food and drink over and above what we include in the Tour;
- Gratuities you choose to give, in addition to any we give on your behalf where we consider appropriate.
Booking your holiday
- You can book at any time after our tours are published on our website. We will hold a provisional booking for 7 days to allow you time to send us your deposit. We follow this strictly because many holidays are booked up fast. When we receive your deposit, we will send you a confirmation invoice which confirms your booking. The contract between us comes into existence at that time. You undertake to pay for the holiday you have booked and we undertake to provide you with the holiday we describe on our website or brochure..
- If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into the contract on the basis of these booking conditions and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us.
- If we are unable to accept your booking, we will of course return your payment to you immediately. The balance payment for all tours is due at latest 8 weeks (56 days) before departure. We will send you a reminder 1 – 2 weeks before the balance due date. If you are making your booking within this period, full payment will be necessary immediately.
- Where the cost to us of any part of the tour increases, we reserve the right to pass on that increase to you up to a maximum of 5% of the advertised costof the trip and to change the price of unsold holidays. If our trip price decreases we will refund any amount you have overpaid from your original booking .
- We will require your details, including, insurance, special requests, medical conditions and next-of-kin by email or letter.
- For bookings made within eight weeks of departure, we require full payment within 24 hours of a verbal booking.
- You can pay for most of ours tours by either the online booking system or bank transfer. (we are able to process credit or debit card payments through Stripe). We do not store or keep any of your card details.
- The last date for payment of the balance of the cost of your holiday will be due to us at least eight weeks before the Tour Start Date. We will tell you that last date for payment after we have confirmed our acceptance of your booking.
- If you do not pay us before the last date for payment, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. If we do that, you accept that a cancellation fee will be due to us.
Surcharges and refunds
- The prices given on our web site and in our brochure are calculated at costs current at the time we fixed them. If costs rise or adverse currency exchange rates apply, you agree that we may increase prices at any time to a maximum of 5% of the advertised cost of the Tour. If we do this we shall tell you the costs which have risen and the percentage by which they have risen.
- No matter what the increase, we shall not increase the cost less than six weeks before the departure date.
- If we increase the price of your Tour by more than 5%, you are free to cancel. In that circumstance we will return to you all money paid to us.
Changes and cancellations by you
- We will try to accommodate any change you are compelled to make, but we cannot promise to do so. If we do, you agree to pay an administration fee of £25 and any additional cost of a different arrangement.
- Only the person who made a booking may cancel. The cancellation takes effect from the date at which a written notification reaches our office.
- If you cancel, your deposit will be forfeited.
- We shall charge an additional sum related to the time remaining before the date of departure, as follows:
|Up to 56 days:||Deposit|
|55- 41 days:||50% of tour cost|
|40 – 29 days:||60% of tour cost|
|28 – 8 days:||70% of tour cost|
|14 – 8 days:||80% of tour cost|
|7 – 3 days:||90% of tour cost|
|48 hours:||100% of tour cost|
- If circumstances force you to leave the Tour early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself.
- In any circumstances giving rise to cancellation, we will consider allowing you to transfer the money you have paid, to some other Really Haunted Tour or this booking to some other person. That person must meet any conditions which may apply to the booking and you, must ask for the transfer not less than 30 days prior to the Tour Start Date.
Changes and cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to change travel and tour arrangements. This is necessary because many of our tours involve variables which are outside our control. These include, weather, political issues, currency problems, flights and accommodation issues.
- We shall tell you about small changes before departure. If we think a necessary change is important, we will tell you about it as soon as we can and give you the opportunity to either accept the change, or take an alternative holiday (paying or receiving a refund / credit in respect of any price difference), or cancel and accept a full refund.
- If such problems occur during a tour, we will make alternative arrangements so as to comply as closely as possible to the description of the tour in our brochure.
- If a problem occurs which is so serious that we have to cancel a tour before the date of departure, you may choose to accept either an alternative holiday (paying or receiving a refund/credit in respect of any price difference) or a full refund of all money paid.
- In certain cases we may pay compensation too, at our discretion.
- We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or loss of your holiday when: Unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or the change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as changes to times of connecting flights or other travel arrangements.
- We reserve the right to cancel any trip if there are not enough people booked on, no less than 4 weeks before the departure date. In the event of a cancellation any monies paid will be fully refunded or we can transfer your booking.
You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
- It is a condition of booking a Really Haunted “Tour” that you take out appropriate travel insurance. You must send us proof of cover when you make payment of the balance due for your Tour. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate.
- Cover should be obtained not only against normal travel risks, but against additional risks appropriate to the destination country. In particular, local road transport insurance may be inadequate, so you should check that your cover includes accidents happening whilst you are a passenger in a vehicle.
- We advise that you should also check that any valuable optical equipment is covered either in your travel policy or your home contents policy.
Passport, Visa and Health RequirementsPlease note carefully:
- To be absolutely safe, it is a good idea to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of return of your Tour;
- Remember to apply for any necessary visa in good time;
- Individual travellers are responsible for obtaining a valid visa for their trip. National entry requirements are subject to change at any time, so it is recommended that you check the appropriate consular website for your destination to ensure that you are aware of the relevant visa information for your nationality. If you are unfamiliar with the process of obtaining a visa we will be able to point you in the right direction to obtain the visa you need.
- Check what vaccinations and medication you may require and allow time to obtain them..
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary inoculations, take all necessary medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your holiday. Remember to bring certificates and confirmations with you in your hand luggage.
- If you need professional medical care whilst on a tour, we will try to obtain it and inform your travel insurers as quickly as practically possible. Please ensure that you provide us with your next of kin details so that we can make arrangements for them to be contacted in an emergency.
- You agree to repay to us all costs we incur in providing this assistance, including payment for any transport and telephone calls must be reimbursed to the company. We will give you a receipt on your return, for you to pass to your travel insurers.
Tour InformationApproximately four weeks before the Start Date, we shall send you a pack of information relating to your Tour. This information will include:
- Trip meeting Point and time of meeting;
- Addresses and contact numbers
- Detailed trip notes
- Trip rules & Advice
AccommodationOur accommodation varies between destinations, we will always try to arrange accommodation as close as reasonably possible to the advertised. Full accommodation details can be found in the trip notes listed on our website. Please note:
- We reserve the right to change accommodation to that stated on our website itineraries – (see below “changes of itinerary”).
- Single rooms are normally available at an extra cost. However, if you so wish, it may be possible for you to share a room. In some destinations, single rooms have limited availability so we cannot guarantee the availability, especially if booking late.
- Accommodation in some countries will be of a lower standard than comparable accommodation in your own country.
- Most hotels allow check in from 14:00. Those who arrive early will be able to store their luggage in our staff room until check in.
- When the trip ends checkout is usually around 11pm, if you have a late flight you will need to arrange storage of your own luggage with the hotel.
Changes of Itinerary
- Despite careful planning, it is possible that a site may become inaccessible due to matters outside our control, for example through natural disaster or political turmoil.
- It is also possible that new information on safety means we need to change our routes.
- We may therefore decide to make changes to the itinerary to accommodate either of the above possibilities. We will tell you of any such change as soon as we decide to make it. If that happens, you may transfer to an alternative holiday. If your chosen alternative is of a lower price we will refund the difference. If it is of a higher price, you must pay the difference
Risk & UK FCO ADVICEDue to the nature of some trips we offer and the region’s we visit it’s important that you are aware of any instability and security situation in these regions. We exclusively use the UK FCO office for advice, all decisions are based on this advice.
- If after booking your trip the UK FCO change their advice to warn against travel to the region we will offer you the option to cancel the trip if more than 8 weeks before departure and receive full refund minus a £50 administration fee. For cancellations within the 8 week period prior to departure refunds will be limited to our recoverable costs. It is essential that you take out travel insurance at the earliest opportunity, we recommend as a minimum more than 8 weeks before the trip to enable you to claim any non recoverable costs back with them should the UK FCO advice change. Please confirm with your insurance company that they offer this coverage before taking out your policy especially North Korea where you may not be covered for a flight refund as your flight will be to China, not North Korea.
- If at the time of booking the UK FCO warns against travel to the region you book on the understanding that we cannot guarantee your safety and can’t be held liable for terror or acts of war or any other matter related to the advice given by the UK FCO. We will take every precaution when traveling to ensure your safety but it can’t be guaranteed.
- It’s your responsibility to be aware of any UK FCO advice https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice and ensure you are fully aware of any risks involved when travelling to these countries.
- We take advice from the UK FCO, all decisions we make in respect to trip cancellations are based UK FCO travel information. For those outside the UK if your government offers advice that your nationality would be at risk during travel we will offer a refunds until the day of departure. Cancellations 8 weeks before departure will receive a full refund minus a £50 administration fee, within the 8 weeks we will refund all recoverable costs.
Limitations on our liabilityWe want you to enjoy a perfect holiday with Really Haunted. We shall do our best to make your holiday special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for:
- Any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave our transport at departure;
- Any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could)
- Any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us;
- Medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- Medical emergencies;
- Your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us;
- Changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour;
- Problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on a Tour but which you raise only after your return.
- Injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
- The act or omission of you or anyone in your party;
- The act or omission of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday.
- Services we have not provided. The services and features included in your Tour are those specified in our web site. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your holiday, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our Tour leader. Accordingly we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.
- Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonable expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behaviour which may be lower than you are used to or which you expected.
- We do not make any representation or commitment that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we or the service supplier has not exercised reasonable skill and care.
- Please also note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
Limitation of compensation by international conventions
- We and you are subject to international conventions, when they apply. This may limit the amount of a claim you may be make, against us or anyone else. The most we will have to pay you for many claims for personal injury will not exceed what a carrier would pay under, for example, the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention for international travel by air, or the EC Regulation on Air Carrier Liability, or the Athens Convention for international travel by sea, or the Convention on International Travel by Rail. Please note: where a carrier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier for the complaint or claim in question.
- Where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money) where international convention or regulation does not apply, the maximum amount of compensation we will pay you will be £500.
- Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your holiday.
Flight and other transport delays: limit of our liability
- There is no guarantee that flights, trains or ferries will depart at the time specified. If they do not, we are not liable to you for any delay or cancellation or for any failure to take what you think are the best actions to have taken in particular circumstances.
- In the case of air travel, the airline is responsible for providing assistance under the Denied Boarding Regulations. We will try to keep you informed throughout the period of any delay.
- If a delay occurs, our policy is to continue with our plans until the flight (or other form of transport, if relevant) is cancelled with no suitable alternative flight being offered by the airline. However, if we considered it impossible to find a reasonable alternative form of transport, we would cancel the holiday and refund you all holiday payments.
- Where any delay in returning home lasts for longer than 24 hours, the airline should continue to meet your accommodation and reasonable meal expenses. This will be the case where the airline is an EU carrier or was due to depart from an EU airport. They may, however, require you to stay at the accommodation and take the meal arrangements they provide. We regret we cannot meet such expenses where the airline does not do so, or where you choose not to accept the arrangements offered.
- If you wish to find at any time to return home early or independently, for example by booking an upgrade with the airline or by organising overland travel, we will provide whatever assistance we can. All expenses involved in doing so will be your responsibility.
- EC Regulation No 261/2004 (The Denied Boarding Regulations) apply where the airline is an EU carrier or the affected flight was due to depart from an airport within the EU. Where applicable, you must pursue the airline for the compensation or other payment due to you. The compensation set by the regulations is your full entitlement. It covers, for example, distress, disappointment, inconvenience or effects on other arrangements. We have no liability to make any payment to you in relation to the Denied Boarding Regulations or in respect of any flight cancellation or delay, downgrading of any flight ticket or denial of any boarding.
- If, for any reason, we make a payment to you or a third party which the airline is responsible for in accordance with the Denied Boarding Regulations, you agree, when requested, to assign to us the rights you have or had to claim the payment in question from the airline.
- If your airline does not comply with these rules you may complain to the Civil Aviation Authority on 020 7453 6888 or by e-mail to or see caa.co.uk– “Referring Your Complaint to the CAA”.
- Remember that transport and other service providers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage or service. You will be bound by these as far as that service is concerned. Such conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant provider and they are often also subject to international conventions.
Help we need from you
- Most Really Haunted tours require reasonable physical fitness and appropriate footwear.
- If we provide medical help to you, whether or not you specifically ask for it, we will provide receipts for all costs (for your insurer) and you now agree to repay us that cost on your return from the Tour.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or Tour leaders) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other Tour member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the Tour. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients. In this situation we will have no further responsibility towards the person or persons involved, no refunds will be given, nor will any costs or expenses you may incur thereafter.
ComplaintsWe shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling holiday, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your Tour leader immediately. If your complaint cannot be satisfied it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the leader(s), then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return. We cannot respond to verbal complaints.
- In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- A reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit;
- Any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- Except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- This agreement does not give any right to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Agent agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in England and Wales.
DEPOSITS: Deposit payment options will secure your place on our events. The balance needs to be paid no later than 4 weeks prior to the event. We will send a payment request to your email address, you can then pay with a credit or debit card. If you would like to pay over the phone give us a call.
Deposits are none refundable, if we dont receive the remainder of the balance in the time stated Really Haunted has the right to re-sell your tickets.
1. Persons attending must be 18 years of age or older. We may ask for proof of age which you must supply.
2. Anyone found to be under the influence of alcohol / drugs during a Really Haunted event will be asked to leave immediately. Some locations have a bar where drinks may be purchased, in these cases we ask that you drink in moderation and do not exceed the legal limit for driving. Really Haunted will not be held responsible in any way for accidents arising as a result of the influence of alcohol / drugs.
3. Smoking indoors at any of our event locations is strictly forbidden. Smokers will be made aware of permitted outdoor areas on the night of the event.
4. We do not allow naked flames / candles at any of our locations / events. Anyone found to be in breach of this point will be asked to leave the event. THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY’S SAFETY.
5. Personal possessions and articles brought to the event remain your own responsibility and Really Haunted do not accept liability for damage or loss of such items. Therefore please do not leave anything of value unattended at any time. By taking part you agree to indemnify us [Really Haunted] and the event location against any loss, damage or theft to your personal possessions whilst taking part in any event.
6. Accidents can happen occasionally, You are visiting the location at your own risk, we accept no liability for any accident or injury to yourselves, however caused.
7. By joining Really Haunted on an investigation, you agree to act in a sensible and civilized manner at all times and to abide by the directions and instructions given by Really Haunted crew members / location management at each event. Please take care whilst at a location, as you will be held personally responsible for any damage caused by yourself as a result from not adhering to given instructions / directions; Really Haunted will accept no responsibility for damage caused by you.
8. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are wearing suitable clothing for each event and that you come prepared for any weather condition.
9. Our investigations are occasionally filmed, and we do use audio recording and photographic equipment. By attending events you are agreeing that your image may be used in a non-defamatory manner on the Really Haunted website.
10. During our investigations you may be given the opportunity to use some of our specialized investigation equipment. We ask that you do so with extreme care, as misuse / abuse of such will render you liable for any loss or damage incurred. If you cannot agree to these terms then please do not use our equipment.
11. Really Haunted do not ‘create’ scares or paranormal activity. Anything unusual that happens is real, and can be quite frightening. To this, anyone of a nervous disposition, weak heart or who may be pregnant are warned to take this into consideration before attending an event. Really Haunted will not be held responsible for any distress, harm or injury caused as a result of any unexplained activity / fright. You attend at your own risk.
12. If you have a disability / limited ability please contact Really Haunted prior to any ticket purchase, as unfortunately not all of our locations are suitable for disabled / limited ability access. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
13. Ticket price does not include accommodation or travel in any form. This must be arranged by you should you wish for somewhere to stay after the event finish time.
14. We cannot guarantee you will experience any paranormal activity at any of our events.
14.1. Mediums are for entertainment purposes only.
15. You are your own person, if a member of the Really Haunted team suggests anything you are not happy in doing it is your choice to say no.
16. The website and its contents are owned or licensed by the website. Material contained on the website must be presumed to be proprietary and copyrighted. Visitors have no rights whatsoever in the site content. Use of website content for any reason is unlawful unless it is done with express contract or permission of the website.
Event refund policy:
Due to the nature of our business and the fact venues need to be booked and paid for months in advance Really Haunted have a strict refund policy.Cancellation by Really Haunted
In the unlikely event that Really Haunted has to cancel an event due to adverse weather conditions we will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible. If an event is cancelled on our part, you will firstly be given the opportunity of moving to an alternative event. If this is not possible on your part we will refund your ticket/s.Cancellation by YOU
If you are unable to attend an event for reasons of adverse weather only, you must contact us immediately to inform us of your non-attendance. In these circumstances if the event goes ahead with Really Haunted and the Really Haunted crew are able to attend / run the event then unfortunately this will be classed as a cancellation on your part, whereby no refunds will be given.Postponed Events
In the event of adverse weather conditions, Really Haunted reserve the right to postpone events. The health and safety of our guests and crew is paramount at all times and will be taken into account with regards to any postponement. In this situation we will reschedule the original date, and you will have the option of attending the new date or choosing to attend another Really Haunted event entirely. Refunds will not be given for postponed events.Cancellations & Refunds
Occasionally, events may be cancelled or postponed by Really Haunted for reasons beyond our control. Should this happen, Really Haunted will make every effort to make sure you receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed within 30 days from the cancellation. In the unlikely event that we have to reschedule or move an event, refund limitations may be set.
Cancellations on your part from one calendar month (31 days) of an event will result in no refund being given. Cancellations over this period prior to an event date will be refunded 50% of the original ticket purchase price. This is to adequately cover Really Haunted’s costs and location deposit charges.
The option of moving to an alternative event may be offered to you by Really Haunted; this is done solely at our discretion. Should this be accepted by you, you agree to pay any additional cost per ticket if applicable.Deposit Payments
Deposit payment options will secure your place on our events. The balance needs to be paid no later than 4 weeks prior to the event. We will send a PayPal payment request to your email address, you can then pay with your PayPal account or a card if you don’t have one. If you would like to pay over the phone give us a call.
Deposits are none refundable, if we dont receive the remainder of the balance in the time stated Really Haunted has the right to re-sell your tickets.last updated on February 25, 2019